Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Best thing to use to clean BEHIND an LCD panel...

By this I mean behind the panel itself.. When smoke and/or other particles get between the panel and the diffuser panels..

(For those who do NOT understand what I mean...Most LCD panels are NOT sealed--as are all CRT'S today.. The ones that are not sealed..often get smoke shadows behind the panel--as it sits on top of a diffuser panel and polarizers.. These are NOT sealed and smoke often gets between them. This can often NOT be seen EXCEPT during certain scenes..THEN..it looks like "shadows" throughout the picture.. )

This LCD set I found yesterday DOES have some smoke debris in it...I can take the panel apart--and seperate it(HAVE done this before--successfully), down to the backlight. BUT..I wonder...what is the BEST thing...to clean the polarizer panels and diffuser with--that will not leave marks of it's OWN ?
Old 10-07-2015, 10:51 PM
The glass is -3dB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rca2000 View Post
By this I mean behind the panel itself.. When smoke and/or other particles get between the panel and the diffuser panels..

(For those who do NOT understand what I mean...Most LCD panels are NOT sealed--as are all CRT'S today.. The ones that are not sealed..often get smoke shadows behind the panel--as it sits on top of a diffuser panel and polarizers.. These are NOT sealed and smoke often gets between them. This can often NOT be seen EXCEPT during certain scenes..THEN..it looks like "shadows" throughout the picture.. )

This LCD set I found yesterday DOES have some smoke debris in it...I can take the panel apart--and seperate it(HAVE done this before--successfully), down to the backlight. BUT..I wonder...what is the BEST thing...to clean the polarizer panels and diffuser with--that will not leave marks of it's OWN ?
Dawn and distilled water.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

That will not leave streak marks...that would be visible when on?