Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:51 PM
AK Member

I know what you mean. Up until 2 years ago, I had a 1967 Packard Bell 25" color TV I used in the living room everyday (98C15 chassis). Since my job requires people to use their brains, just about everyone thought it was pretty cool. Occasionally I would get the reaction when somebody brought their kid over, "oh my god, why keep that, it's like...old". It was in good shape, and ran great! I "moved up" in the world to a 1973 Zenith Chromacolor so the Pac Bell is in the garage.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Slave to a blue dog

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Yeah, one of the most gratifying days I had was a couple years ago when my G/F's 12-yr-old niece wanted to "see your old radios". 10 yr old girl-old radios-Yeah this'll take about 3 minutes. Nope. "Turn that one on, what does that one do? Wanna hear that big 'un..." Then, she sees my TV-7 D/U tube tester. "What does THAT thing do? Well, show me. Show me again. Let me try. Get out of my way". Yes, boss... Young'un sat there the next 2 hrs & DEMANDED to test every tube she could get her mitts on. I'm sittin' there, dumbstruck. She figured it out pretty well. Ended up givin her a Philco 48-200 I had intended to keep. Only real problem is, she kinda knows the difference between "good stuff" & "junk"- & I can't pawn el cheapo junk on her at Christmas... Whadda you mean, giving me a Krako ?!? Why,you cheap old so & so....Kid's got the brass of about any 3 monkeys you want to name...but a lot of it's my own fault, I guess... Like I said, she's 12-and already makin' noises about What Kind of Car I'm gonna get her... Told her she could have the '73 Fleetwood if she'd keep it fed & clean...Got a REAL dirty look over that one...apparently, '73 Fleetwood Caddys aren't "kewl" amongst the jellybean set...-Sandy G.

But...
...That girl is a benvolent despot!

By the way, no need to apologize for your English, you speak 3 languages!