Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:34 AM
VideoKarma Member

Smile Hello from Switzerland

Although I really lik all new and sophisticated technology, I am fascinated about all that old stuff - particularly the telly-section. :-)
(Fortunately) I would run out of space immediately, if I would start collecting, so It is reading or discussing about it.

...ok, never say never: I recently came across a Sony TV 9-304UE in perfect shape. I could not resist. Finally the right hardware to have a look at these old testcards, the way it should be.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:12 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Welcome ! Drop this insane hobby RIGHT NOW before it controls you totally... You CANNOT build a mancave or building large enuf to house/store all the lovely trinkets that will want to move in w/you. Even if you could, it would be larger than Switzerland... The other problem is, if you're like most of us, your WALLET will likely hopefully put a brake on things long before you run out of storage room... But you HAVE now been warned... Welcome to the Madness... Them DAMN little SonyTVs & Radios sure are CUTE, ain't they ?!? One can NEVER have enough of 'em... (Grin)
Old 05-19-2019, 12:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

Somebody said something to me?

...warning comes too late
To confirm my stubbonness, I placed my first message in the wrong forum - by error.

Oh: If you would have to live with rates for storage room like we have in Switzerland, all of us/you would stop collecting after the first SINCLAIR MTV1 Microvision.

Last edited by mark-ch; 05-19-2019 at 12:54 PM. Reason: added some more noise
Old 05-19-2019, 01:23 PM
I like....big sparks!!

Welcome to VK!

Ham shack...AM side: Knight-Kit T-60, RME-45
Vintage SSB side: National 200
Modern SSB: Kenwood TS-180S
MFJ tuner, 130' dipole
Old 05-19-2019, 03:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

I know about the lack of space. We muddle through somehow. :-)
Old 05-19-2019, 08:12 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Aww, DON'T pay a whole lot of attention to anything I say-Most everybody here would tell you I'm Nuckin' Futz... Or DANGEROUSLY Psychotic, anyhow...You Swiss have a few goodies I'd LOVE to have-A STG 57 in 7.62 NATO, & maybe a Sig-Sauer 226 or 3... I'd send you back that big Americanski Land Yacht-The '67 Lincoln 4 door Convertible in my avatar pic, but you'd have to borrow a little land from Austria any time you wanted to back up & turn around.And I got an even bigger one-A '65 Lincoln Lehmann-Petersen Executive Limousine, that they made 50 of that 1st year, & there are only 8-9 survivors. They took a Lincoln sedan, cut him half in two, & put a meter long section between the doors.... The motor was a whopping430 cubic inches, I Think that was about 7.2 or .3 liters. I don't talk about fuel efficiency w/these tanks, suffice it to say the Arabs grin w/glee anytime I fill one of 'em up...
Old 05-19-2019, 10:34 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
The motor was a whopping430 cubic inches, I Think that was about 7.2 or .3 liters. I don't talk about fuel efficiency w/these tanks, suffice it to say the Arabs grin w/glee anytime I fill one of 'em up...
I'd imagine it' been a bit since they smiled atcha.
IIRC within the last year or two the USA became the largest oil exporter in the world. It is nice when washington gets a crop of politicians that are willing to stop shooting our private sector economy in the foot and get sufficiently out of its way so it can actually function!

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 05-20-2019, 08:46 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Aww, DON'T pay a whole lot of attention to anything I say-Most everybody here would tell you I'm Nuckin' Futz... Or DANGEROUSLY Psychotic, anyhow...You Swiss have a few goodies I'd LOVE to have-A STG 57 in 7.62 NATO, & maybe a Sig-Sauer 226 or 3... I'd send you back that big Americanski Land Yacht-The '67 Lincoln 4 door Convertible in my avatar pic, but you'd have to borrow a little land from Austria any time you wanted to back up & turn around.And I got an even bigger one-A '65 Lincoln Lehmann-Petersen Executive Limousine, that they made 50 of that 1st year, & there are only 8-9 survivors. They took a Lincoln sedan, cut him half in two, & put a meter long section between the doors.... The motor was a whopping430 cubic inches, I Think that was about 7.2 or .3 liters. I don't talk about fuel efficiency w/these tanks, suffice it to say the Arabs grin w/glee anytime I fill one of 'em up...
That country is just too big - I will stick with my 9incher then - 9 inch telly...
Old 05-20-2019, 11:21 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Kewl ! My 1st TV was a Sony 5-303W, that my parents got me for Xmas, 1962. It suffered the tortures of the damned-And belonging to a 5 yr old til it died the summer they landed on the Moon, & my parents got me a 9 incher Sony. and, yeah, America is sometimes too big-My sister & I both attended school in Richmond, Virginia-I was at University of Richmond, & she was at St Catherine's-a girls' boarding school. She was big buds w/these 2 girls-one was from Texas, & the other was from England, & neither could go home during Thanksgiving break, there not being enuf time to go home & back to school. Anyhow, we told 'em they could come home w/me & my sister. Well, the English gal pipies up about half an hour out of R'mond-"How much longer is it to Tennessee ?!? Are we about there yet ?" "Uhh, well, Joanna, honey, it's roughly 450 miles, about 1.30 in the afternoon, we'll be home about 8.30 or 9 PM... I hope.." Europeans always get flipped out at how damn big America really is-You drive THAT long there, & you'd typically be thru 3 or 4 countries, anyway..We just went thru Virginia, & about 100KM of Tennessee... The Texas gal was snoring soundly-A trip of that nature in Texas is no big deal...
Old 05-20-2019, 11:49 AM
VideoKarma Member

Tiny stuff only over here

There is that joke about American/Non European Tourists on an All inclusive "Europe in ten days" trip:

- Where are we?
- It is Wednesday, it must be Lucerne.

Last edited by mark-ch; 05-20-2019 at 11:53 AM.
Audiokarma
Old 05-26-2019, 06:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Welcome to VK!

Quote:
Welcome ! Drop this insane hobby RIGHT NOW before it controls you totally... You CANNOT build a mancave or building large enuf to house/store all the lovely trinkets that will want to move in w/you. Even if you could, it would be larger than Switzerland... The other problem is, if you're like most of us, your WALLET will likely hopefully put a brake on things long before you run out of storage room... But you HAVE now been warned... Welcome to the Madness... Them DAMN little SonyTVs & Radios sure are CUTE, ain't they ?!? One can NEVER have enough of 'em... (Grin)
It's not that bad for me anyways, I only have 2 vintage TVs (3 if you count the Trinitron BCM) and I'm only seeking one more TV (a late 40s era 7 or 9 incher). Now radios, I have way too many of those

I've got plenty of room though, the state I live in is the size of Switzerland
Old 05-27-2019, 12:50 PM
VideoKarma Member

Welcome to VK. Does Switzerland have PAL or SECAM? How many lines? Actually that maybe a dumb question. You're probably like the rest of the world now on a HD system. We in states were on NTSC system until 2009 but we're on ATSC 1.0 with chit chat about going to 3.0 sometime soon.
Sony KV-1220U
Old 06-03-2019, 12:38 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Welcome to the site!!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2019, 07:48 AM
VideoKarma Member

Here's what to do if you run out of space.
Welcome to VideoKarma!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carport1.jpg (84.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg carport2.jpg (64.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg carport3.jpg (65.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 07-05-2019, 08:03 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Hello and welcome to VK
Audiokarma