Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2011, 10:39 AM
VideoKarma Member

Welcome to my life

Hey out there reading this. I am getting up there in years and have decided to "go" or get off the pot. So I am getting back into the Tv hobby after just looking at blank screens for years with my blank expression. Long to see Ralph send Alice to the moon on my Dumont once again. I don't have the time to restore them all so I am going to part with some It's tough for me to say it as I am and always will be a collector. I rarely ever sell anything.

Posting some in the For sale section and will be watching the site for help when I get into my Dumont that caught on fire. It's a 103 Meadowbrook and I used it for a year without any problems till guys from work came over to see my collection. I live near Kennedy Airport and the planes fly right over my house at times and the Dumont picked up the plane to control tower talk. This time I turned it on and BANG , smoke and flames. I threw it up in the attic where it still awaits a rebirth.

I have a nice "doghouse" and a mint Philco 48-1000 that the guy I got it from said "doesn't work". I want to get it working also. I have an electronics background so I'm not a total neophyte.

In 1982 I bought the entire contents of a radio/tv repair store that had opened in 1926 in Brooklyn. When I can get to it I will have parts and lots of tubes for those who need them.

Love that high voltage,
Al