Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2015, 12:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

RAFENA Stadion 2 (1962, restoration)

Well I must say that this is one of the nicest sets I have acquired, very nice wooden cabinet with that nice white look to it.

It is a Rafena Stadion 2 KLASSE C TGL 8838 and comes from Germany.It is in nice shape, cabinet only has a few minor scratches on top, but can all be refinished. The capacitors/electrolytics are all original and are crusty as hell especially the capacitors ,cracked, split open and melted ... As for the tubes it mostly has its original ones there are a few replacement in the amp section of the television, but none of them look bad/burnt. Dont know in what shape the picture tube is at the moment but have a spare good one, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Due to all of the cracked melted wax capacitors in this thing and still having the original selenium rectifier, which I was told is junk by now, there is no way this TV would do anything if power was applied to it, maybe damage something, but I'm not willing to take that risk

All in all looks to be a quite hard set to restore, lots of tubes,capacitors and so on ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG1933.jpg (133.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg BStadi01.jpg (66.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG1937.jpg (125.4 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG1932.jpg (146.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG1934.jpg (83.7 KB, 94 views)