Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:43 PM
M is for Memory

There are things Detroit knows how to build and things they don't, there are also places where one brand or another has a weird weak point...Knowing what to get and avoid is important. I like buying used because you can look at the track records of heaviest used examples and know what issues are likely ahead on the low miles example your going to buy.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 07-12-2018, 10:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet753 View Post
I always thought it was kind of funny how people have such strong opinions on car brands. I have always leaned heavily towards Lincoln and Ford, because I have had good luck with them and never any big problems. On the other hand, I wouldn't buy GM because of having bad luck with 2 different Cadillac's, but I did have a Buick that was a good car. My dad had a Dodge truck that was great, but one of my employees has a 4 year old Chrysler 200 that is a complete piece of trash. In the end, you can get a lemon with any brand (even though certain manufacturers seem to have more than their fair share of lemons).

As an old friend of mine who was in the used car business all his life always said "It doesn't matter if its a house or a car....things are gonna tear up and you're gonna have to spend money on it".
There's a similar quote on those lines, "If it has t*ts or wheels, it's going to cost you money".
Old 07-15-2018, 04:35 AM
VideoKarma Member

We all love what we love. My car could be on fire, and it's still better than yours.