Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

The Motorola VT-71 as seen on "Lassie"

Thanks to banderson for bringing this to my attention on an old post. I'm not sure if the YT link was ever posted, so here it is. Fun to watch if you have one of these.
I cringed at the treatment it got. Jeff slams the rabbit ears on it, Lassie throws it off the table, and Gramps bangs it into the side of the truck putting it in the bed! Jeez!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDQVR0kLv_I
Old 04-16-2018, 09:21 PM
Administrator

That set wasn't new in 55, new to them maybe. Think how easy it was to find one of them in 1955, and they'd still be fairly pristine.

Anyway, you can tell it's got a fake CRT in it at 8:14, looks like paper.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:14 PM
M is for Memory

Those are the most common pre-1950 model of TV...It was not all that long ago people were making O-scopes out of them. About 5 years ago a went to a radiofest meet and someone had 5 of them in every finish +bakelite stacked like cordwood with no CRT in any of them all dirt cheap...Had no use for them and walked away.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 04-16-2018, 10:16 PM
Bob Galanter

That was GREAT! I don't know about the younger people of our hobby, but I grew up watching Lassie as a kid, and that is why I have had many Collies in my lifetime. You can see photos and stories about most of our Collies in the "About" section of my web site. What was most interesting was seeing Lassie watch TV. Most dogs don't pay much attention to television, but just like you saw on this episode of Lassie, my Collies will watch tv with me, especially when they see dogs or any kind of animals on the screen. Although a lot of what you see Lassie do in the series is direction from his trainer Rudd Weatherwax, much of the behaviors you see Lassie perform is instinctual Collie behavior. Collies are among the more intelligent dog breeds. They have strong herding instinct and make great family pets, and are very protective of their family and their flock. And....they bark a lot. As anyone who has ever had Collies will tell you, Collies are a very special breed of dog. If you would like to read more about our Collies, the link to my website is at the bottom of this post.

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com
Old 04-17-2018, 08:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohohyodafarted View Post
That was GREAT! I don't know about the younger people of our hobby, but I grew up watching Lassie as a kid, and that is why I have had many Collies in my lifetime. You can see photos and stories about most of our Collies in the "About" section of my web site. What was most interesting was seeing Lassie watch TV. Most dogs don't pay much attention to television, but just like you saw on this episode of Lassie, my Collies will watch tv with me, especially when they see dogs or any kind of animals on the screen. Although a lot of what you see Lassie do in the series is direction from his trainer Rudd Weatherwax, much of the behaviors you see Lassie perform is instinctual Collie behavior. Collies are among the more intelligent dog breeds. They have strong herding instinct and make great family pets, and are very protective of their family and their flock. And....they bark a lot. As anyone who has ever had Collies will tell you, Collies are a very special breed of dog. If you would like to read more about our Collies, the link to my website is at the bottom of this post.
When I was a kid I remember a neighbor having a Collie. I thought it was such a "regal" looking dog. Very tame and the fur was soft as silk. Beautiful dogs.
Tom - It's true the 7" Motorola's are very common, but it's going to quickly get to a point where finding a real primo example will be tough. It's basically like that now. You see still see them often, but in various states of disrepair. A while back I searched long and hard to find a nice complete 9T1. I actually had to use two sets to make one good working one.
Audiokarma