Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2017, 03:29 AM
VideoKarma Member

Apex 20" Weird Geometry Issue

Ok another TV I pulled from my storage. It was working when it went in, but is having an issue when pulled out. (This storage had a water leak and spider infestation----Public storage paid up, but in cash to me, not to get repaired--it was a climate controlled unit).

This is one of those cheap Apex TV's, but, I have to say, it has a pretty damn good picture actually. It's an S-Video monitor too, and it does it very very well. No blooming in the CRT, and it's very strong.. The CRT I'm not sure who makes it, I should check.

I tried powering it up to check the raster since the storage incident, and it has a small strange issue.. The orange square in this picture represents the shape of the raster, and I'm not sure where to go from there.. It's "lifted" from the bottom right bottom of the screen. I'm almost thinking maybe transporting it in the car caused the problem, but there's no purity problem like I'd expect if the yoke say, came lose.

http://i.imgur.com/dTbcltt.jpg

Ideas? This is the last TV from storage that needs any real work. I hate to be honest, but I kind of want to set this TV up in my bedroom again rather than the 19" in my signature. This is the only CRT TV I have with the strongest and best picture. And despite it being from 2002 (I bought this when I was in high school, first TV I ever bought with my own money), it oddly is the only post 1980's TV I have which renders Super Mario Brothers' sky on NES as cyan blue, and not purple, like most NTSC sets that are 90's and newer. So I definitely would like to utilize this TV for retro gaming.