Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:32 AM
VideoKarma Member

Ikegami ITC-735 info

Greetings all,
I have recently acquired an Ikegami ITC-735 camera. It is missing a power supply, so I have yet to power it up, but it looks to be mint. A couple questions.. What type of power supply is required? is it some type of standard? where can i find one? what would be a good pairing of a VTR for this camera? What type of connector is it that is used to connect to a VTR (besides the component outs). What I'm most interested to know, though, is this.. according to ikegami's site (http://www.ikegami.com/br/products/sdtv/itc735.html), the camera has "750 TV lines resolution". Pardon my ignorance, but does that mean if i connected it to an HD recording source via component connections that I would end up with an HD(ish) image close to 720p (4:3, of course..)??

Thanks in advance for any info!
Old 03-03-2012, 06:14 AM
Administrator

For that camera, you're going to need a control box, and a really thick cable. The control box acts as the power supply. I don't believe this model can use an Anton Bauer battery pack, but not sure. I have extensive experience with the ITC-730A and a couple other similar models.

The control box acts like a secondary video processor as well as a power supply.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:28 PM
TV Camera Museum Curator

The Camera is the best part of 25 plus years old, It was considered to be high resolution for the time, but that was horizontal resolution. You referred to 720p which is a vertical specification. The vertical resolution is 525 (or 625 if you are in the PAL world) standard lines for the Ikegami. Modern camera specifications have become more complex and driven by the marketing dept and need to be interpreted with care.

Regards

www.tvcameramuseum.org
Old 03-03-2012, 05:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Itc-730a

I had never heard of a Broadcast Camera that does not have a Power plug ! Of that Vintage (No XLR Socket ? )
Old 03-03-2012, 06:15 PM
M is for Memory

It is not necessarily a broadcast camera. There were consumer cams that connected to a separate VHS or Betamax deck, back before they could build tape transports for those formats that were small enough to build in to a "camcorder" that would be light weight and compact enough for the average mortal to wield.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma
Old 03-03-2012, 06:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

It looks to have a 4-pin DC plug on the back and a VTR/CCU connector for probably a 3/4" deck given it's age. The Sony DC format uses pins 1 and 4 for DC. Not sure about Ikegami. Any Sony DC adaptor from the day will do. Check the +/- connections for 1 and 4. It should operate as a free-standing cam with a DC supply. Probably an "industrial" cam given that it has saticons. Bcst would have plumbicons and be in the HL-xx series.

I found this Flickr photo of the back end but could not copy it for here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zog/379...n/photostream/
Old 01-08-2013, 10:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

this thread is back from the dead. okay, after forgetting about the camera for a while, i'm interested again. i'm going to make a power supply for it: 12v dc supply via 4-pin xlr. pins 1&4? what capacity should the supply have? 60w? 70w? inform me of my errors! and thanks!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

This Sony adaptor or similar is all you need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-CMA-8-C...item27ce39625f
Old 01-09-2013, 12:07 AM
VideoKarma Member

well that would be perfect! but alas i am poor and i would need the expensive cable to connect the camera to the supply. the camera has video out and DC in via 4-pin xlr so i would rather make my own supply. 60w sufficient? which pins are the DC? thanks!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Power supply

The power suppy can be made from a old Computer Supply or Alarm Battery .All you need is 12v @ 2Amps .

Last edited by XDCAM; 01-14-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 01-17-2013, 10:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

cool, thanks! does anyone know which pins of the xlr are power?
Old 01-18-2013, 04:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

DC format uses pins 1 and 4 for DC.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Pin one is neg and pin four is pos. Any DC power supply from 11v to 17v will work.

http://www.3alitytechnica.com/suppor...Pinouts-v2.pdf

Last edited by Dave A; 01-18-2013 at 09:18 PM. Reason: text
Old 02-03-2013, 09:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

success! made a power supply from an old computer power supply and she's alive! now, onward... when i use a bnc to rca adaptor and output from the "video out" or "monitor out" on the back of the camera to my tv... i get a black and white image that scrolls as if the vertical hold of the TV is out of adjustment. what am i doing wrong?
Old 02-03-2013, 11:05 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Don't know, but that video out might have blanking but no sync. A check with a scope would save a lot of time.
Audiokarma