Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2015, 07:24 PM
<-- CSXT 6038, EMD GP40-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoogarXR View Post
It's been a couple years since I worked on one of those models. But if my memory serves me correctly, there are a couple pots on the Y/Z boards that you can tweak to fix the "sparkles". Seems like one of the main ones was labeled "Vscan" or something similar. I am sure there is a "correct" way to do it with a meter, but I always just did it hot and eye-balled it. Maybe somebody who has worked on one more recently can jump in with more up-to-date info.
That's actually pretty much exactly what I did, after some reading up. One of the two pots under the heat sinks on the Y-board was able to clear up the 'red snow', but I still have some 'sparkling' or mostly white flecks in the screen when there's no picture. (i.e. black screen) Not noticeable with a picture on the screen, so far. I didn't adjust any pots very far, and put all but that one back where they were, as I was morbidly afraid of popping my new IPMs or worse!