Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2015, 05:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Glad I found you guys.

As my username implies, my father, who worked in electronics TV and radio repair in the sixties through the early eighties, was quite the collector. He accumulated "parts" Tv's , as well as coming home with a nice floor model every now and then, for us to watch. If they conked out, he kept them around for parts, sometimes fixed them and got a new one anyway, sometimes he brought home TVs that people failed to pay for repairs at the shop.

We are trying to clean the place up, he is finally relenting and willing to let some go. Being my father's son, I kind of hate to throw them in the landfill, etc. Some of these are huge wooden models, on up to the more compact, early eighties models, when they became "hard to work on". Sometimes people would call him up in the early eighties and he would tell them that the replacement part they needed would cost more than a new one, they would go get a new one, and then bring him the broken one, "for parts".

There are a pile of TVs, any chance that any of them are worth anything? Keeping them out of the landfill would be worth something to us. I would kind of like to keep a few around to let my son play with, he seems to take after gramps. Don't really want him tearing into something "highly collectible" either. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks all!