Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-26-2020, 12:21 AM
Retired Batwings Tech

Panasonic Tau series R-Y B-Y issues

Anyone familiar with the Panasonic Tau CT-34WX54 "Direct View" widescreen CRT sets? Issue I'm having is the red (R-Y) and blue (B-Y) color response doesn't seem to be tracking the green on the low and midtones thus giving everything a greenish tinge, like the gamma is not tracking. Highlights are good and Ive spent literally hours in the service menu trying to adjust the various response values. The whole issue started when I opened the service menu (Ch124+timer=30 &vol=0) to adjust the horizontal width and vertical height to correct the overscan on HDMI when using a computer. I made no adjustments to the colors during the first entry to the service menu for the H&V, it just reset itself to some default values upon the power down & restart. I would post some images here but the camera makes everything worse with its auto white.
I'm an old hand at setting up things like drive and background but no matter what I cant get the colors to track properly with the green, I set them up correctly using a gray stairstep and everything is good, NTSC bars are correct but fleshtones take on an olive cast especially at lower luminance values.

Am I missing something here? Please check me

thanks

Brhat
Old 09-26-2020, 02:03 AM
Administrator

I'm guessing you need to save the settings somehow before powering down. I know on my Panasonic Plasma any settings changed in the service menu have to be saved by pressing a button on the remote (don't remember which one) if you just shut it off or pull the plug it will go right back to what it was before.
Old 09-26-2020, 08:47 AM
VideoKarma Member

Ditto.
Read the OEM instructions. On many sets if you dont leave the
service menu correctly there will be no save.
BTW its a good idea to write down all the settings & save them. That way
if your EPROM gets corrupted you can save the set usually.

73 Zeno
LFOD !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
I'm guessing you need to save the settings somehow before powering down. I know on my Panasonic Plasma any settings changed in the service menu have to be saved by pressing a button on the remote (don't remember which one) if you just shut it off or pull the plug it will go right back to what it was before.
Old 09-26-2020, 08:00 PM
Retired Batwings Tech

Actually that was my mistake, the set automatically writes the values to the memory at the moment without a confirm & save... I didnt know this and didnt copy down the hex values when I opened the service menu. Hate it when that happens!