Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Portable Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2012, 07:10 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hi Timmy,

Quote:
i notice using my D-VOM on diode check that one lead on ground and i touch the other to pin 4 on the vert ic the screen jumps like it wants to fill the screen. so it seems to me there is a problem in the sawtooth gen that creates the oscilation
I think you're close: have a real hard look at the 1000pf cap between pins 4 and 5 of the AN5760, maybe it's a trivial as a bad GND on pin 5

To help: closeups of the block diagram + application note schematic of the AN5760.

Last document is a high-zoom of the TR-1010P's schematic showing the AN5760.

Quote:
all voltages on both ics are where they should be with the exception of pin 6 on the vert ic which is 4.8 volts and should be 2 volts maybe because the vert is not under load, working..
Timmy, i don't know what the DC voltage on pin 6 should be but it is the output of the V amp power section driving the deflection coils and the Pana manual specifies 10V peak-to-peak. A VOM reading is meaningless here, the only way to measure this is to see the sawtooth on a Scope (borrow one?)

Hope this helps...

Hi Sandy:
My experience on many of the Panasonic TR-series 1.5" micro-TVs:
TR-1030/1031 always work - built in the second half of the 80s

TR-1010/TR-1020 - before 1984 - a lot of failures, mainly V Scan, no sound, dead or very unsensitive tuners.

Exceptions: TR-1000 nearly always work - better caps!
TR-001, same thing - 1972!

CT-101 shoddy plastics: look at them, they break!
Not really Panny's fault but the people who made the plastics. When new in 1984-1987 they weren't brittle.

Just my 2 Cents....

Best Regards

jhalphen
Paris/France

Last edited by jhalphen; 12-04-2012 at 07:24 AM.