Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2010, 03:19 PM
VK Member

Vintage Stromberg-Carlson Console: TV/ AM-FM/ Phono

I've got a Stromberg-Carlson TV/ radio/ phono combo that I can find little about on the net. A paper tag on the back indicates it is a "17-RPM", and below that, is the word "Kenwood", which I am guessing is a product line or series. The set fails to power-up completely. When plugged in, there is a slight hum, and some of the tubes in the radio unit are lit so it's obviously getting some juice, but no real sound or anything on the tube. An interesting feature is a small round red light near the base of the unit which illuminates when the power is on. The cabinet is a deep rich wood frame, which I am guessing is mahogany. I know absolutely nothing about old tubes and such, so fixing, or even troubleshooting is out of my league. I would, however, appreciate any information anyone may have on this manufacturer, model and/or value. Undecided what to do with it.... may sell it, or may just keep it as a dinosaur conversation piece. The wood frame is beautiful in and of itself.