Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage Arcade, Pinball, and MAME

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2012, 06:24 PM
complete novice

my new vintage coke machine

So I helped out at a church rummage sale, i get volunteered for it every year. This rusty late 50s or early 60s westinghouse coke bottle vending machine is sitting there. The top covered in tar and paint overspray allover it. They had it at 50 bucks and at 20 at the end of the day. Finally they asked me to try and toss it in the dumpster for them and i figured that maybe i could part it out, i cant stand trashing anything old, so i gave them 20 for it and drug it home.

I let it sit for 24 hours, blew off the motor and fan clean and plugged it in. It works! It seems to drop a coke for 35 cents. Its only mildly cold, so im sure it needs to be recharged.

So.. im planning on sanding this girl down for a quick repaint and new decals. I dont really have the time for a real restoration, as its basically working now. Id just rather love to have an old coke machine in my shop.

I'll get some pictures up soon, this is a new computer and wont allow my old camera to upload, for some reason.