Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-26-2020, 08:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

1942 Fada needs new plastic bezel insert

Hello everyone, I was given a couple of years ago a 1940 Fada Model 176 that was in really bad shape electrically and I was able to get it going again.

But then just recently when I tried to listen to it the dial pointer had gotten stuck and I took it apart to see why it was sticking, and it turns out that the reason why it was sticking was because the plastic bezel insert for the tuning dial was loose and was causing the tuning dial pointer to hang up on the bezel insert.

So I went to try and staple the plastic bezel insert back into place and I ended up breaking it into several pieces and I need to find a new plastic bezel insert and was wondering where I might find one.

I looked through Radio Daze and they didn't have anything and I looked through some other antique radio parts suppliers and they didn't have anything either.

a picture below of the tuning bezel in question that needs the new plastic insert.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5021.JPG (91.8 KB, 25 views)
Old 02-26-2020, 11:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

This thread might be useful:

https://antiqueradios.com/forums/vie...?f=10&t=110419

jr
Old 02-27-2020, 01:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
I looked at the website that was mentioned in there and they had the plastic bezel inserts for every Fada radio except the 176, but they did say that they could make something if you typed in the make and model of the radio and hit add to cart.