Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:36 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwick View Post
My 1962 Italian made Philco Windsor console stereo, this beast has a Graetz OEM chassis, goodmans speakers and a Lenco L70 turntable with a Shure magnetic cartridge (originally used a Ronette Binofluid crystal cartridge, i had to replace it as it skipped even with a new stylus)

Needless to say it sounds great... not much top end since the speaker system lacks a real tweeter. but VERY warm and pleasant

This is a beauty - my guess is that if you replace the capacitors feeding the tweeters and mids, a lot of the missing top end will appear. Once they start to deteriorate, it slowly kills the top end and messes with the frequency response.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:27 AM
slave to 3 equines

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhifi View Post
This is a beauty - my guess is that if you replace the capacitors feeding the tweeters and mids, a lot of the missing top end will appear. Once they start to deteriorate, it slowly kills the top end and messes with the frequency response.
The capacitors are still good apparently, they tested fine on my ESR meter.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Consoles 'Я' Us

GE Musaphonic Console

Purported to be a 1949 model, this will be joining my console collection later this month. Does anyone know anything about these? The one thing that confuses me a bit is its lack of FM. All of the print ads I've seen tout this as having FM. Also, does anyone know who may have made the dual-tonearm phonograph?

Dave

Fisher, Grundig, Motorola & Magnavox Consoles | Dahlquist DQ-30 | DCM TimeWindow 3 | PSB Stratus Gold i | RtR II-F | Klipsch KG-4 | KLH 6 & System 20 | Nakamichi PA-7 | B&K Monoblocks | Outlaw Audio 950 | Carver MXR-130 | Pioneer SX-1250 | Sansui 9090DB