Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hello again,
I've made some progress since my last posting. I'm able to get a distorted image, which makes me very happy believe it or not. I don't have any sound though, and the fine tuning shaft seems to need some attention. I've attached pictures that show that I'm able to pull it out and spin it freely. I'm not sure if this is to be expected, or something to be concerned about. It doesn't seem to do anything. Also, I mentioned in a previous post that the channel selector needs work on the detent assembly. It's missing the ball bearing. I appreciate the advice given so far, but I'm still not sure of a plan of attack. Any other thoughts on how you would take this on?
Thanks,
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0338.JPG (31.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0320.JPG (45.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0326.JPG (36.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0321.JPG (43.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0324.JPG (39.3 KB, 30 views)
Old 07-31-2018, 06:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo View Post
Hello again,
I've made some progress since my last posting. I'm able to get a distorted image, which makes me very happy believe it or not. I don't have any sound though, and the fine tuning shaft seems to need some attention. I've attached pictures that show that I'm able to pull it out and spin it freely. I'm not sure if this is to be expected, or something to be concerned about. It doesn't seem to do anything. Also, I mentioned in a previous post that the channel selector needs work on the detent assembly. It's missing the ball bearing. I appreciate the advice given so far, but I'm still not sure of a plan of attack. Any other thoughts on how you would take this on?
Thanks,
Mike
Even though you said you don't have sound yet but the picture is there in your first photo , adjust the horizontal hold and the pic should straighten out, it looks like the hold is off just Alittle.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:36 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hello again,
I can't seem to improve this television's picture using the control knobs and the phase control screw. It won't lock on horizontally or vertically, and images appear washed out. The brightness control has stopped responding. The audio is decent, but intermittent. I have to tap on the first audio IF transformer, T-111. I must have made a mistake somewhere along the line, but don't know where the best place to search first would be. I've changed many tubes hoping for an easy fix, but that made no difference. I sure would appreciate any help you could give me.
Thanks,
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0358.JPG (26.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0355.JPG (24.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0354.JPG (24.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0353.JPG (28.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0352.JPG (27.1 KB, 6 views)