Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2016, 07:25 PM
Banned

Just picked up a Dell SP2208WFP HD Computer Monitor Today

Hello Everyone today I got from Goodwill (where I'm actually working now) a Dell SP2208WFP HD Computer Monitor for $10 (originally it was $20 but got it for $10 using my employee discount.) Anyways I got the monitor home and went to hook it up to my computer using my HDMI cable and powered it on and it would show a display for about 5 seconds and then it would shut down, well I figured out from my previous experience with flat panel TVs and monitors that the power supply caps were probably pretty toasty by now so I took the monitor apart and sure enough there were 6 330 MFD 35V Electrolytic capacitors in the power supply of the monitor that were all vented and bulging on top, so I went to mouser and ordered 6 Nichicon 330 MFD 35V electrolytic capacitors for this Monitor which only cost about $1.90 because they were only $0.32 a piece and then with shipping it came out to about $8.00 and some change. So anyways I had actually been looking for a decent HD computer monitor for a while and the opportunity came up today. Sorry about not having any pictures but the monitor is torn apart currently and I can't get any pictures of it right now in its torn apart state right now.