Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

I like them for styling and all you get in a true full size car, i like the '69 best, especially in the imperial which i think is basically a newport. A '69 or maybe '71 fury actually had not only headlight doors optional that looked great but also headlight wiper blades with washers for low beams. Did newport offer that? I was surprised all chrysler offered then like electric sunroof and cassette tape recorder with it's own microphone in addition to the great 8track
Old 04-03-2015, 08:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

I haven't looked at any of the sales brochures for that year, maybe only for models with the hidden headlight option? If anyone would know, it would be Carmine!
Old 04-05-2015, 12:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB5pro View Post
I like them for styling and all you get in a true full size car, i like the '69 best, especially in the imperial which i think is basically a newport. A '69 or maybe '71 fury actually had not only headlight doors optional that looked great but also headlight wiper blades with washers for low beams. Did newport offer that? I was surprised all chrysler offered then like electric sunroof and cassette tape recorder with it's own microphone in addition to the great 8track
If you look at all the so-called luxury cars built in the last 40 years, you'll see that they're all a glorified lower end car.
The Lincoln is a fancy Crown Vickie. Look at the General and the junk, they're pushing out with the Cadillac badging!
Old 04-05-2015, 01:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

I came close to bidding on this '70 Chrysler 300 at a local Mecum auction last year when it was as the Schaumburg Convention Center. I just wasn't in a position to take on another car. Mecum screwed up big and advertised it as a 1970 Newport in the newsletter and also at the auction which is why I believe the car sold for so cheap. But a real Mopar person knew it was a 300 because of the hideaway headlights. The car ended up selling for about $4400.00 with no reserve!