Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-02-2018, 12:46 AM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
You'll probably have better luck searching for a replacement based on resistance (include taps if present), shaft length/type and mount style....the Zenith part may be long past unobtainium status, but there were probably several other makes that used a compatible part... even if there was not a similar part in other makes many pot kits gave one the ability to build up the correct pot from parts like Legos.... some antique radio pot dealers have the kits to build up a custom part.
The SM says it is 40K. Looks like it has three taps (two are tied together) and two wires connected. The shaft is just in the 1" range. I haven't found one that comes close enough to the resistance with that short of a shaft.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650
Old 09-02-2018, 11:55 AM
See yourself on Color TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanAlley View Post
The SM says it is 40K. Looks like it has three taps (two are tied together) and two wires connected. The shaft is just in the 1" range. I haven't found one that comes close enough to the resistance with that short of a shaft.
If you find one with the right resistance and taps, I think it would be possible to swap out the shaft.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:23 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut View Post
If you find one with the right resistance and taps, I think it would be possible to swap out the shaft.
I think I might just disassemble the current one and look for anything that might be fixable. I'm just afraid I'll mess it up more and be stuck with no volume. LOL

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650