Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-04-2021, 02:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
I bought my Uniprobe to use with my Knight-Kit VTVM. I seemed like it would more convenient than the two simple probes that came with the kit. I used the separate ground lead that came with the meter.
I love having that seperate ground. I would add it to any VTVM I get in the future.
I still use a Heathkit oscilloscope that has the banana plug / binding posts so I can unplug the ground off the VTVM and plug it right into the ground on the scope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortalexfan View Post
Well then it looks like I might be looking for quite a while then because the only thing I'm seeing related to the EICO Uniprobe is VTVM's that have the uniprobe attachment already with them, and I don't want to break up some VTVMs that had been together for all these years.
Here's a interesting thread on ARF where a guy made a probe from a Sharpie marking pen. Pretty simple design. There a link to a youtube video in the thread that shows it disassembled. Pretty neat.

https://www.antiqueradios.com/forums...8288&view=next
Old 11-04-2021, 08:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortalexfan View Post
Well I found a manual for the uniprobe over at the BAMA and according to the manual the uniprobe came either pre-built or in kit form, and the one in kit form didn't come with a connector plug so you had to supply your own plug which would mean that you could use any type of plug you wanted whether it was the old switchcraft mic jack, or 1/4" mic jack or an XLR style jack.
I bought the kit form because the 10meg isolating had to be installed.
Also, I used the mic plug the came with the meter.
Old 03-16-2022, 04:34 AM
VideoKarma Member

OK, so I found yesterday in a box of old electronic test equipment a piece of test gear called a TV Dynatracer made by a company called Century Electronics Co. and its apparently a self-contained signal-tracer that all it has inside of it to make it run is a small mica capacitor, and a small carbon composition resistor all tied to a neon glow-bulb on one side and on the other side a metal tip and then a small length of wire that has an aligator clip attached to it.

I was wondering if there was some way to modify this Dynatracer device so that it could be used as a test probe for my EICO Model 232 VTVM? If so what modifications would I need to do to it to make it work?

See picture below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Signal Tracer probe.jpg (120.1 KB, 11 views)
Old 03-17-2022, 02:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

Anyone?