Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique phonographs

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2011, 03:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

What's with GE Wildcats on ebay?

Is it the nostalgia factor maybe? Maybe the generation that had these is waxing nostalgic now and wants their childhood record player?I had one of these players as a kid and actually had another in recent years that had issues and I sold cheap to a fellow jukebox collector.The recent one was a goldenrod color arm as the one I had but a different overarm and spindle.

My kid one had a round top spindle and full closed overarm like the ebay one but the one I sold had a flat top slightly shorter spindle and a slotted overarm.I did not have the headphone jack which would definitely be an advantage with these as the amp and speaker setup are crap.

I can tell you its definitely not the sound that's making these Wildcats desireable. Even as I kid I was never impressed with the sound.My mom's crappy particleboard Electrophonic console sounded better...lol.

Wonder if one of these has showed up on and one of those shows like Pawn Stars and the value is suddenly inflated because of that. A similar thing has happened with certain jukeboxes and they're talking about it over on jukebox list.

I saw another one go for $149.00 recently.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:WNA:US:1123