Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-24-2021, 10:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

Admiral 16" hybrid color "portable"

Hi again,

I recently acquired this Admiral "portable" (more like luggable) hybrid color TV for free from an estate. The cabinet is rough and someone bent the dipole antennas but it appears be a low hour set. The model is 6047PCF and the chassis is T7K10-1C Run 16. I've had no luck finding an Admiral service manual but I did find a Sams.

The CRT passed all tests with flying colors on my CR70. All three guns are high emission and the needles don't budge on the life test. The CRT appears to be an RCA as this set was made after Admiral sold their CRT business to RCA

Given that the CRT is strong, this is a good candidate for restoration and use. I will need to find a way to reproduce the snapped off front foot so it sits level once again. I will also need to find a knob for the tint slider as the potentiometer wiper tab snapped off at some point.

If anyone has any experience with one of these sets, I welcome any advice which will be greatly appreciated as always.

Regards,

Bobby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6059.jpg (131.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6069.jpg (110.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6070.jpg (99.5 KB, 29 views)