Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2018, 09:54 AM
VideoKarma Member

Emerson 637A Restoration

Time to start another restoration. This one is an Emerson 637A chassis 120095-B. A series string hot chassis.

The cabinet is in nice shape and will clean and polish up nice.

The chassis looks to be in decent shape. There is evidence of prior work being done. Besides the usual electrolytics being changed, a few caps were also changed, the main selenium rectifiers were by-passed with some diodes, and some adjustable resistors were wired in on a terminal strip. The sheet metal needs some cleaning but has very little rust. A lot of the tubes are missing. Mostly 7 and 9 pin miniatures.

As far as I can tell there is no full Sams on this chassis, only a schematic which mirrors the one in Riders V6. Riders V6 has the alignment procedure, and parts list.

The 10BP4 CRT tested a little weak but my Beltron came to the rescue and now shows a 20 second dely before the needle drops. On my BK 467 it shows a good strong 1.2 on the meter. The dag coating is mostly gone and will have to be redone along with gluing the loose base.

It does not have a back. Which leads to the first request. If anybody has one of these with a back, could you send me a picture of it? It would be really appreciated.

Also there is a 5W? resistor sticking out of the tuner near the front. I didn't see it on the schematic. I think it is about 21 ohms. Anybody know what it is used for and if it is OEM?