Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

Ok, So the backlight finally go out again after working for several days. I took the screen out to see the backlights. It looks as though there is only 1 string of leds along the top of the frame with a plug at each end. I turned on the tv and got sound so I knew the set should be on and working, but part of the led string dimly blinked. About 1/3 of the string on the left side did nothing. I tried to unplug the left plug and the set did nothing. Power light blinked but the set wouldn't power up. Tried the right side plug, same thing. I had both sides plugged up, and still 2/3 of the leds dimly blinked. I tried to see which led was the last in the string that wasn't working at all, but they all poped on and I get blinded by the entire string shining brightly. Never had time to check voltages when the string was out, see exactly how many of the leds were not blinking, ...nothing. It's up and working fine. Thinking about just replacing the led string and keeping my fingers crossed. I don't want to try and bypass the driver transistor seeing how this set doesn't belong to me and I do not want to blow the PS or anything else. So where the heck do I look to buy a replacement led string?