Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hello from Sioux Falls SD

Hi, I am Patrick from Sioux Falls, SD and I am in Information Technology. I collect a little of everything from vintage computers, to small appliances like toasters to the larger units like Maytag Wringer Washers. In my family’s home, my dad had his grandparents old Edison Cylinder Record Player around. That player must have made me interested in older devices ever since being a young child.

As of recently, I am interested in getting started in restoring TVs. So far I have restored a few radios. On craigslist I found few vintage 1950s TVs and am thinking about buying one or two. Before I go out buying, I was wondering if anyone in the Sioux Falls area had a Picture Tube Analyzer for I don’t buy any units with duds for CRTs.

Let me know if you are in the area. It would be fun to share our interest.
Patrick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00k0k_48pF2KBBHNL_600x450.jpg (14.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 00u0u_iClP5ObF0Yy_600x450.jpg (16.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 00606_gS9Au7xtVZI_600x450.jpg (14.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 08-03-2014, 11:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hey, footloose man!

Got your Sunday Shoes on?

Welcome from another newbie. I'm sure that you will find lots of help here. Really good bunch of people here.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Old TVs are better!

Hi there from Omaha

Hey welcome, I'm not that far from you, in the sense of traveling distance. I'm in Omaha, NE. Used to work on TVs for an income, and now it's just a hobby, collecting old tube style TV,s old electronics, etc. I have a number of TVs, I've restored and repaired, but I will say it's hard to get them to work like brand new, or maybe it's the fact were now used to HD. I have a working RCA 1959 CTC9 Color , 2 portacolors, a 1948 RCA, a Sylvania Halolight, and a Packard Bell B&W on wagon wheels, and others Attached are some pictures of my collection. All of them work, producing decent pictures for their age. Also have a 1953 Philco console B&W with doors, but it needs a good CRT 21EP4. I have a Beltron CRT checker/restorer, but I use it, and it's kinda hard to ask someone when trying to purchase a TV or get one free if it's OK to remove the back and check the picture tube. (some people will let you though) Also, have cousins that live in Ocheyedan, Iowa, and an aunt in Spirit Lake, which isn't that far from you. So, If I get up that way, Maybe we could meet up and swap TV stories or sets. E-mail me sometime,

wjb122750@hotmail.com

If you need some advice, or have any questions, let me know. I'm always willing to help out with suggestions.

Also check out fellow VK member, jstout on this forum. He is also in Omaha.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0110.jpg (78.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0111.jpg (48.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0114.jpg (60.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0116.jpg (52.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0121.jpg (91.5 KB, 5 views)