Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:21 PM
The Resident Brony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed in Tx View Post
I'm trying to figure out how you quoted a post that I deleted last week.
Obviously, he used Hax™.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed in Tx View Post
I'm trying to figure out how you quoted a post that I deleted last week.
Why do you delete your posts?

rant...
Some people... I don't understand it, something that's relevant and not necessarily bad(obscene),... and they delete it. Then when someone on google stumbles into the thread they don't understand what's going on because a member deleted all of there posts and it made the thread useless and a huge waste of time. Don't do this!

Hmm, I agree with the others that maybe you should take it apart and see if that control is bad.

I'm thinkin about pulling the original radio from my Grand Wagoneer and taking it apart. I don't listen to the radio much (Because I just love the "music" from that AMC 360) but when I do, it is very annoying for the sound to just cut out while its on. In my case it's probably a bad solder joint or a intermittent part in the amp. It does the exact same thing when playing a cassette or the radio.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:05 AM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackN920 View Post
Why do you delete your posts?

rant...
Some people... I don't understand it, something that's relevant and not necessarily bad(obscene),... and they delete it. Then when someone on google stumbles into the thread they don't understand what's going on because a member deleted all of there posts and it made the thread useless and a huge waste of time. Don't do this!

I offered some technical assistance based on repair experience I have had with these radios with the electronic volume control circuitry. I even posted a picture of the service manual asking if the radio in question was one of the ones in the manual. It was up over two weeks with zero response. Thread went off in a different direction, and I don't want someone stumbling on this thread a few years from now asking for a copy of the manual. I may not remember where it is by then! When you're pushing 70 years old things can get lost. I don't think I have made this thread "useless". This thread will be fine for those participating in it. I hope that answers your question.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:47 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Im sorry to cause a big fuss guys

Ed your comment was a good attempt to help in this matter,your smart like that

Not to worry..........
Old 12-03-2017, 12:23 AM
VideoKarma Member

Well ED, I didn't know your situation. I also snooped and found that you don't normally do this. That was good to see.

It's like this though, I have google'd some things in the past and stumble onto a thread about, hmm lets say fixing something. Someone posts the question or what not, and another poster post's answer/solution and/or there is a good long discussion. Then come back to it later and find that the person who had a "wealth of information" on the topic, deleted - every single one of their post's in that thread. Then the reader can't make heads or tails of the conversation, thus wasting their time reading it.
For me, that's just something that... grinds my gears.

Dude, how are you causing a fuss? If anything its me! I can be a douche sometimes...

lol
Audiokarma
Old 12-03-2017, 12:56 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:

Dude, how are you causing a fuss?
Bumping old threads by posting meaningless platitudes(albeit usually positive sounding ones)...That has always ground my gears.
I try to read every post here. When I click 'new posts' and see ~8-25 topics that got their last new response from dude I know odds are that %95 are just junk he has written that has no valuable info or questions that I can help with, tacked onto the end of an old (sometimes ANCIENT) thread that I've already read...Not worth reading, but OCD makes me read them anyway since %5 of the time some useful new conversation from other members occurred recently, and he happened to glom on to the end of it....He wastes my time on VK and that grinds my gears.

This is engineering, not sports. Being positive is good, however being nothing more than a cheerleader/applause-machine has zero value to the community in my book. When I lack substance to contribute to a topic, I usually don't post...I'd like to see him do that.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 12-03-2017, 09:23 AM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

Quote:
Well ED, I didn't know your situation. I also snooped and found that you don't normally do this. That was good to see.
I guess I missed some then. I usually limit the time regarding service info, manuals I mention. Ever since one instance came up, a member here found an old post where I had mentioned a Panasonic service manual I had. He contacted me for a copy some time later. I didn't have a scanner at the time. He even sent me a scanner to use! But I never could find the good clear copy I thought I had, just the same fuzzy copy of a copy, and have felt a little guilty about that since. Been years and I still remember it. So you can stop your spying on me! geeezzz.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

This isn't the motor driven volume control ? Had one in the 95 lesabre , was cool to see in the microchip age a motor driven volume control .
Old 12-03-2017, 07:46 PM
The Resident Brony

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramden66 View Post
This isn't the motor driven volume control ? Had one in the 95 lesabre , was cool to see in the microchip age a motor driven volume control .
Never seen one of those in a 95. But those are cool, and the only reason for doing that was because you could use the steering wheel controls and watch the knob move.