Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-24-2017, 11:42 PM
<---WANTED: Motorola 17P6

Just replaced a crankcase position sensor on my folks 1997 taurus GL when it started randomly cutting out..

SR
Old 12-25-2017, 09:46 AM
See yourself on Color TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobtubeman View Post
Just replaced a crankcase position sensor on my folks 1997 taurus GL when it started randomly cutting out..

SR
Re-reading the symptoms: if it's bouts of multiple misses coming and going, it sounds more like a sensor than a single plug or coil.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:57 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobtubeman View Post

SR
I've seen a bad distributor pickup coil cause that. Often times it was a bear to get the thing re-cranked, not to mention pulling over without the power assist which is probably harder than actual manual steering.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
I've seen a bad distributor pickup coil cause that. Often times it was a bear to get the thing re-cranked, not to mention pulling over without the power assist which is probably harder than actual manual steering.
I had an older Dakota with this issue. It would run fine for months, then stall. After it cut out, the longer you let it set, the longer it would run once you started it. If it sat for 5 minutes it would run a mile...but let it sit an hour & it would run another 3 months. Only figured out the cause when it finally quit altogether one snowy day.

Last month I looked at a customer's Grand Marquis; the odometer read around 385k. It was well broken-in!
Old 12-26-2017, 07:22 PM
<---WANTED: Motorola 17P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
Been there.. The taurus stalled once in traffic and luckily it re-started. The problem was random for awhile there. Finally, it threw a "check engine" light and my neighbor brought home his SNAP ON scanner from work and pulled the code. Then he researched mitchel on line and narrowed it down to the crankcase sensor. I admit i was skeptical when i changed it out, but its been smooth ever since..

SR
Audiokarma