Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2021, 08:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

This damn GE set is proving to be a real dog, just as someone predicted from the start, you think it's fixed and working, and it acts up again, the R-Y problem has returned, I take a look in the back, and the heater for the X-DEMOD is dark, but why? New tube, new socket, new resistors, etc, I have re-soldered many times, I have to grab it and wiggle it at odd angles to get it to come on and work correctly, same old song and dance for this thing, same as it ever was.... same as it ever was...

At this point, I'd most likely have to pull the chassis again, and point to point small gauge wire at all connections of the color PCB to get this to stop, because I have re soldered it 3 times at this point, and it's still giving me problems, I MAY do this, I may not, as I did not get this set for functionality, but more so as to have a spare 21FJP22 on hand for the CTC-16, if ever needed, as I mentioned, but it would be nice to see RED fleshtone when I turn it on,
Audiokarma