Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-28-2017, 10:54 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishdude View Post
I like the cabinets on the later ones. Looks like it should be solid state...lol
The first solid state PortaColor was an ugly, boxy looking thing. The next model resembled the tube type styling.
The CRT was similar, but with a 12v heater.
All the 10/11" PortaColors only had a 70 degree sweep, so the tubes were a lot longer.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
The weather hasn't been exactly a treat here! Below zero at night, single digits during the day, with a nasty wind.
Where in NW Indiana are you located?
The tube compliment is about the same as the older models with maybe a few changes, HV rectifier etc. CRT is designated under the newer standards, 10V. IIRC, 10VABP22A.
I’m in southern Lake county and it’s been block heater/antigel weather all week. The box was so cold it got condensation as soon as I brought it in, so I didn’t dare open it for obvious reasons. I’ll open the set itself on a day off and see if the manual is in it. I don’t know if I should bother with a recap yet?
Old 12-28-2017, 08:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911nutjob View Post
I’m in southern Lake county and it’s been block heater/antigel weather all week. The box was so cold it got condensation as soon as I brought it in, so I didn’t dare open it for obvious reasons. I’ll open the set itself on a day off and see if the manual is in it. I don’t know if I should bother with a recap yet?
That set doesn't have a manual in it. The mini-manual was only in the slightly newer models, usually solid state.
The only cap, I would worry about is the boost cap, .1mfd @ 1kv or 1.2kv.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:15 AM
VideoKarma Member

You guys didn’t help me directly, but I got enough to figure what I needed; photofacts for my sets directly from sams. Thanks a bunch, finding schematics for vintage electronics is a bitch!
Old 04-26-2018, 05:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

Paying it forward, I now have Sams folders 1223-2 and the HE chassis. The sheets are too big for my scanner but if anyone needs particular sections I’m more than happy to oblige!!
Audiokarma