Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:17 AM
VideoKarma Member

Vintage Camcorders

Hello y'all

Soon, It is about time that we will discuss and/or lecturing about Vintage Camcorders.

I will be lecturing/discuss about my three RCA Camcorders.

Hope to hear from you all,
Old 01-05-2012, 05:52 AM
Administrator

I just bought a new battery for my son's Sony HandyCam that I gave him years ago. This is one area that we really should explore!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:54 PM
M is for Memory

I used to have around 8 years back an old separate color camera and a dual unit VHS deck that could be used with it, but had to trash it in a move (someone garbage picked it, and some other electronics I had to toss).

I now have another dual unit VHS deck, and am waiting for a good camera to show up at a local thrift for a SANE price.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 01-06-2012, 09:11 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I used to have around 8 years back an old separate color camera and a dual unit VHS deck that could be used with it, but had to trash it in a move (someone garbage picked it, and some other electronics I had to toss).

I now have another dual unit VHS deck, and am waiting for a good camera to show up at a local thrift for a SANE price.
Are the plugs the same on all the early RCA cameras. I think the camera I picked up is made by Hitachi. It's in the original box. I also have a two piece unit you are refering to. Free for the picking up. All three units.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:58 AM
VideoKarma Member

I have one that I guess you'd call vintage by today's standards. It's a Magnavox regular VHS camcorder from around 1987. My Dad bought it from the local Magnavox dealer and I'm sure he paid a good bit for it back then. It was used regulary by my Mother, who thought she had to have it with her almost every time we left home, from the time it was bought until her death in 2000. It never experienced a problem and was still working fine when last used; but, I'm sure it could use some service after sitting unused for the past 12 years.
Audiokarma
Old 01-06-2012, 12:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post

I've got two cameras (without the matching VCR's) One's an RCA (CC019 if I recall correctly) and the other is a GE (don't remember the model number) they can both be yours for the cost of shipping. I also have the original backpack camera bag that the RCA VCR would go in. The original VCR was an RCA VJP900 but it's long gone. PM me if you want any of it.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
Are the plugs the same on all the early RCA cameras? I think the camera I picked up is made by Hitachi.
All of the VHS portable recorders and matching cameras used the same plug and jack, a ten-pin one. Beta decks and matching cameras used a 14-pin connector.

In my other hobby (ATV, television over ham radio), the VHS-type cameras have been widely used to the extent that many of the ATV transmitters have had the matching jack included on the front panel. I have several of those cameras; at ham radio flea markets in the 90s they were often available at low prices. The best ones have built-in video title generators that are perfect for putting your call sign on the screen.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 01-31-2012, 05:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

Yikes, this thread made me think about all the cams and decks laying under stuff in the attic. I never knew I was a cam/deck hoarder. Not my fault, they just found me.

RCA CC001 - RCA's first BW cam with fixed lens. 10pin.
RCA CC002 - RCA's first color cam with zoom and BW viewfinder. 10 pin.
(Traded my first CT100 to RCA in Indy for this. Forgive me...it was 1977 and the vert xfmr was toast. Pre-John Folsom.)
Sanyo compact color cam with the tube in the handle. Model # to follow. 10 pin.
Early Sony BW cam with Japanese markings. Very simple black case. 14 pin.
I think there is another early Sony color cam.
Sony Beta dual portable Beta recorder.
Akai 1/4" BW camera and deck with monitor sidecar. Tries to make a pic. Tube is soft. Need drive belts.
RCA VHS dual portable in a box somewhere. Gotta check that one.

They all worked when last seen. I can use the RCA CCxxx power supplies for other cams. The power supplies used the old UHF video connector.
At some time I had a Hitachi (?) VHS deck that had a 10 pin camera connector on the front. Wish I had that back.

Last edited by Dave A; 01-31-2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: typos
Old 02-10-2012, 08:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well, Very Good,

Soon, I will be posting about one of my RCA Camcorders. yes, I have an RCA Camcorder made it home on a bicycle more than than month age but first I will download the Pictures from my digital Camera.

So, Wish me luck!!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Cassette Collector

I got an RCA CC310 VHS camcorder for a dollar at a rummage sale a couple years ago.
It works great, and came with both batteries (both are dead) and a charger/AC adaptor.

I can't figure out for the life of me how to focus the lens after I've zommed in, though...
Old 02-22-2012, 06:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

Congratulations Harvestman,

I am very happy for you, You have gotten yourself an RCA CC310 from the rummage Sale.

I have the Camcorder EXACTLY The Same!!!

The RCA CC310 Pro Edit Camcorder is almost the Top-Of-The-Line Camcorder

I got mine in the begining of January 2012. I was quiet pleased with it!!!

Very Soon I will be Posting "RCA Camcorder Made It Home On a Bicycle"

So Harvestman, Wish me luck!!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

OK folks!

I just posted the thread

"RCA Camcorder Made It home on a Bicycle"

You can read it from there.

1993ctc175
Old 02-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Wish I had mine back...First-Model Panasonc 4-6 hour..The local Presbyterian Church still has it need to go swiipe i & bring it Home...they ain't used it in a LONG time...