Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > The Amateur Radio Spot

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:10 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Yeah, I gotta HRO50T1, & NO coils that I care remotely about... WHY they made those things so basically USELESS unless you were some sort of uber Ham wonk is beyond me...Or the one that only receives about a strip 1.2 KC wide.... Grrrrrrr...
Old 08-29-2017, 05:22 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

If I ever got so Mad at my Boatanchors I wanted to Scrap 'em, I'd likely offer 'em up to someone who was willing to come pick 'em up, or at least pay for shipping. Which means I'd likely get to keep 'em at least another week, 'cause NOBODY has time to do anything like that now. But,, OTOH, you might even get a vehicle to carry the damthings home in-A 1973 Fleetwood Brougham Cataract w/35K actual. But YOU pay 4 the gas to get home in- It gets 6 MPG in town, & a ROARING 9 on the hiway...Needs to be painted, too.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:24 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
What coils ya got with that HRO, Tom? I have an AC coil that I can't see myself ever using.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Yeah, I gotta HRO50T1, & NO coils that I care remotely about... WHY they made those things so basically USELESS unless you were some sort of uber Ham wonk is beyond me...Or the one that only receives about a strip 1.2 KC wide.... Grrrrrrr...
I think Sandy needs it more than I do....Considering his don't have any coils.
I don't know if 15M ham is his thing, but it beats a set that can't tune anything/has a gaping coil receptacle in the front.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 05-03-2018, 07:46 PM
Gimpus Stereophilus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Yeah, when Windows 10 makes one of those "big brother says we're shutting your computer down for updates in ~10 minutes come hell or high water" when I have over 10 minutes worth of backing up/saving of open stuff to do I'd sorta like to kick some but....The creators update filling my C partition, and making my system run like crap for a week till I could sneak a few hours time to set it straight was another of those moments....

Part of me wants to go back to windows 7 (I still can if I want because of backup drive images).

Bottom line with computers if you can't work on them, find someone who can...Like tube TVs they can only go so long before something breaks.

Rant Mode ON: "Crap like this, and that telemetry and built in spyware, is why Windows has been banished from my home, and gone since Windows 7 got said junk. Linux and BSD are my operating systems of choice today. And OS'es I can control" Rant Mode Off.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

Amen!!!