Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

WoW

Wonderful job- Well done!
Old 07-14-2015, 11:50 PM
Banned

What Antique Mall did you get your radio from? I'm asking because there was an antique mall near me that had a radio just like the one you have for sale in it for $75 (which was way too much for my strict budget to purchase) You don't happen to live anywhere near Elkhart, Indiana do you? Just wondering.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:14 AM
Pioneer Stereo Fan Club

It was in Missouri but oddly, they were asking the same price. I got the owner to come down to $50 which is still way more than I've ever paid for a radio. I just wanted it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2015, 11:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schanz View Post
It was in Missouri but oddly, they were asking the same price. I got the owner to come down to $50 which is still way more than I've ever paid for a radio. I just wanted it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Interesting, very interesting I'm guessing it must be kind of standard for antique shops anywhere to overcharge for old tube radios regardless of their working order or their history/age because I had seen an old U.S. Gloritone Cathedral Radio from 1931 in the same antique shop near me that I said that I had seen the old Firestone radio like yours in and the owner wanted $50 for it even though the speaker and grille cloth were nearly damaged beyond repair (because they had previously tried to restore the radio themselves and got to the electrical work but then they made the mistake of picking up the radio by the top of th radio and then put their fingers through the speaker when they did so because the unit was a lot heavier than they thought it was) anyways I have the unit but I had a flea market buddy of mine get the radio for me because I knew he would know more about how to talk them down on the price than I would since he was in the same business as they were.