Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Valley of the Sun, formerly Silicon Valley, formerly Packer Land.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
And finally some last thoughts. This tv is 34 years old. Nothing out there for sale as far as tv goes today would be even working. I'm amazed how well sets from the 40's up to late 80's are still able to work and be repaired and enjoyed as projects today. My last picture is of Johnny Carson. The tonight show was king when he was host. I liked Leno, but Jimmy Fallon I don't find his kind of humor funny. Conclusion is this. I'm getting older and I appreciate a time that was better when I was younger. May all you fellow tv and video buffs keep this great age of electronics running for many years to come.

If anyone can explain why I can't download more than one image at a time I'm all ears.
Editorial note. My photos were taken with an iPhone 5S. These live shots off the air introduce a slight moire effect of colors that aren't on the tv screen. I wonder if my DLSR camera would be a better choice in pictures in the future.

Live off of digital converter inputting into video input on rear of tv. Antenna tv channel. Tonight show starring Johnny Carson.
I share your thoughts. I have three working KV-4000's. All three have the same switching problems. The first one was purchased new at the exorbitant price you mentioned in October, 1980. Still working with no service requirement. Also have a working KV-4100 with same switching problem. I don't see this as a problem since we are confined to a digital converter box or the like, set to a preset channel.

Sony's reliability is amazing. KV-1210 purchased Spring 1969, working perfectly with no breakdown of any sort. Then my wife gave it to Goodwill by mistake in 2006 still working. Found a working replacement.

Also have an original KV-1722 purchased in 1973. Still working, no service done as yet. It does not need service

First two screenshots from original 1973 KV-1722.

Next three from a KV-1220.

All screenshots are recent.

I just upload the images all at once, but I have to post and edit.

Last edited by etype2; 09-08-2017 at 12:39 AM.