Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

Two Zenith sideways loading VCRs

I got two of these now, the VR2300 (1987?) and the VRD530HF (1988?).

The tape loading mechanism was really messed up in the VR2300, but using the VRD530HF as a guide, I was able to put it back together like it should be and get it working.

As for the VRD530HF (It not only loads sideways, it sits upright, I've never even seen one before.), it seemed all that was wrong with it was a gooey tape loading belt. I replaced the belt, then plunged it in, and then it was completely dead. I don't know what happened to it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zenith VCRs.jpg (43.3 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg ZenithVCRs2.jpg (46.6 KB, 55 views)
Old 05-08-2018, 05:51 PM
M is for Memory

That upright model is interesting and a new one on me.

My deck had a bad filter just off the power transformer that placed so much hum in the audio and video it was basically unwatchable till I changed the cap. I'd look at the filters and fuse first.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 05-08-2018, 10:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

Zenith made a console with a pocket that upright unit sat in.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:43 AM
VideoKarma Member

The upright/vertical vcr was very short lived, as it suffered from mechanical woes. It is also rather uncommon. Let me know if you ever want to get rid of it, as I have not been able to find one.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:07 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I got two of these now, the VR2300 (1987?) and the VRD530HF (1988?).

The tape loading mechanism was really messed up in the VR2300, but using the VRD530HF as a guide, I was able to put it back together like it should be and get it working.

As for the VRD530HF (It not only loads sideways, it sits upright, I've never even seen one before.), it seemed all that was wrong with it was a gooey tape loading belt. I replaced the belt, then plunged it in, and then it was completely dead. I don't know what happened to it?
I see you use one of those 9" Zenith cubes for a bench set. I have about six of them, plus a Heathkit. A few are S/C.
Audiokarma
Old 05-20-2018, 08:57 AM
VideoKarma Member

That's my basement desk, I started working on VCRs down there so I didn't have to move the Zenith hybrid chassis metal cabinet color set with a weird HV regulation problem I haven't been able to solve off my bench in the garage. (I've got a 19" System III Zenith on top of a tool box next to the bench in the garage, one of the earlier ones that still uses the ultrasonic remote)

I wanted one of those 9" Zeniths with the S/C, and it seems only the white ones came with the remote. I've never seen a remote one in one of the other colors.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:05 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
That's my basement desk, I started working on VCRs down there so I didn't have to move the Zenith hybrid chassis metal cabinet color set with a weird HV regulation problem I haven't been able to solve off my bench in the garage. (I've got a 19" System III Zenith on top of a tool box next to the bench in the garage, one of the earlier ones that still uses the ultrasonic remote)

I wanted one of those 9" Zeniths with the S/C, and it seems only the white ones came with the remote. I've never seen a remote one in one of the other colors.
The cubes with S/C might have come in other colors, but I think many of them were bought for the kitchen.
Zeno would know if the S/C's came in other colors.