Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2023, 08:52 AM
VideoKarma Member

Back to the VT-71H

Juggling multiple TVs this weekend that I have right on the edge of working. I'm still trying to get this 7" Motorola to produce a picture. I replaced the 1N34 germanium detector diode that seems to be the culprit in most of these TVs with a diode kindly sent to me by Don S. who has used them successfully in his VT-71s. I thank him so much for sending me 10 of these for no charge. Unfortunately, that didn't solve the issue.

I have a nice and bright raster on the screen. I'm trying to see if I can get a crosshatch pattern from my Sencore VA62 to go through the antenna with a 1KHz audio tone. I get sound OK but still no picture, just the raster. I'm not all that familiar with the 62 functions yet but I have used it as a pattern generator on other sets and it works fine. Any suggestions as to the next step should be? I suppose I should start with injecting a video signal through the video amplifier 6AU6 but I'm not exactly what I should try to put through it from the VA62. I've been told this is a pretty good tool and I suppose I should start to learn how to use it. Thanks all.

C