Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2023, 05:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

RF Modulator Questions

Okay, I've come pretty far with my long-time goal of setting up internal TV stations in my office. I've got coax run throughout my office and I've got my modulators (AMCM-860D) run into an output combiner (OC-12d) and an amplifier (RMDA-750-30) and it transmits just fine to everywhere with a coax output.

I'd like to try to broadcast some channels also for my TVs that aren't near a coax out. I have a different 4-channel modulator which only outputs UHF frequencies, a Terk MD-4, and I thought this would be a good unit to test for wireless output. If it works, I'd need another amplifier for it, but I could use the amp I have now to test and see if it works broadcasting the combined signal.

So, my first question is, what sort of antenna do I need to broadcast four UHF channels? I've seen the instructions for building a dipole channel for a single VHF channel, but I'm hoping to broadcast four UHF frequencies. Something with an F-type connector would be a big plus.

The other thing I'm wondering is if there is anything that I can tune on these modulators to improve the channel spacing. These Blonder Tongue modulators are actually pretty close compared to the Macom Pico ones I was just using. I can have channels side by side with almost no issues, but there is a slight ripple in the picture of some of the modulators when there is a modulator operating in an adjacent frequency. I'd like to use all of the VHF frequencies if possible.

Thank you for the help!