Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

I don't know where you are, but around here, sets are selling for $0.99 to $6.99 all the time. Some you'd swear were just taken out of the carton.
The G/W is asking $3.99 for those el-cheapo B/W sets without A/C adaptor, while remote color sets are selling for $0.99. Go figure!
P.S. They all work, most work perfectly.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:20 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
I don't know where you are, but around here, sets are selling for $0.99 to $6.99 all the time. Some you'd swear were just taken out of the carton.
The G/W is asking $3.99 for those el-cheapo B/W sets without A/C adaptor, while remote color sets are selling for $0.99. Go figure!
P.S. They all work, most work perfectly.
I wish the thrift stores here would get that message. They still think a beat up 19" set from the '80's or '90's is worth $25-$50.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:59 AM
VideoKarma Member

The store I was at was having a "closeout" sale on all of their TVs; they even had an '80s Magnavox console for only 25 bucks. The most expensive TV I looked at was $10, because I didn't feel like putting more into an unknown set.

I'm glad to hear about the Sylvania and MGM because those were my two favorite sets. I know its crazy for a young guy like me to want a tube, but believe it or not a 19" widescreen would not fit as well as a 13" tube set in the space that I have.

That, and I love the look of "proper" TVs!

Thanks for your suggestions; I'll probably grab the Sylvania or MGM (or both!), but if you have any other recommendations that I didn't list, I'd be more than happy to hear them!
Old 06-30-2012, 10:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoman9 View Post
The store I was at was having a "closeout" sale on all of their TVs; they even had an '80s Magnavox console for only 25 bucks. The most expensive TV I looked at was $10, because I didn't feel like putting more into an unknown set.

I'm glad to hear about the Sylvania and MGM because those were my two favorite sets. I know its crazy for a young guy like me to want a tube, but believe it or not a 19" widescreen would not fit as well as a 13" tube set in the space that I have.

That, and I love the look of "proper" TVs!

Thanks for your suggestions; I'll probably grab the Sylvania or MGM (or both!), but if you have any other recommendations that I didn't list, I'd be more than happy to hear them!
I don't think that's crazy. I'm 35 and most males my age would not have nothing less than a big flatscreen TV. I was raised on CRT TV's in the 13" to 25" range, both color and B&W. Those types of TV's are what I've become used to and those thin, wide flatscreen TV's don't look right to me. To this day, I have no problem watching a 12" B&W TV.