Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2021, 12:35 AM
VideoKarma Member

22" Dynex and 32" Westinghouse flat panel TV's

Today, I was given two flatscreen TV's by a friend, who got them from the estate of a friend of his who passed away.

The Dynex is from 2010 and all I know about the brand is that it was sold by Best Buy. I have no idea who made it. As far as the picture quality, it's not overly impressive; but, if I had no TV to watch, I'd be happy with it. In fact, I think my 1984 Zenith 19" has better color than this set. A while back, I had a similar Dynex that looked the same way.

The other one is a 32" Westinghouse from 2018 and he said that it was bought not long before his friend passed away. I know that it's Westinghouse in name only and I don't know who actually made it. As far as the picture, it looks a lot better than the Dynex.

Right now, they are stashed in the closet for back up, in case one of the flat screen TV's in the house takes a dump. I suppose I could try to sell them; but, when one can buy a low end 32" TV for under $100, I don't think these would bring much, if I could even sell them. A while back, I had an LG that was very similar to the 22" Dynex. I couldn't even get $25 for it and I ended up giving it to one of the flea market guys.

A couple of years ago, the guy at the pawn shop told me that he would not take any TV that was over 2 years old and they had to be a smart TV. He said that people would not buy non-smart TV's or those that were older than a couple of years old.

Things have sure changed since the days when we could drag home just about any old clunker TV, fix it up, and someone would buy it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TVs 001.jpg (26.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg TVs 002.jpg (43.5 KB, 18 views)