Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > International Vintage Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2021, 06:08 PM
Motorola Minion

SABA - 1974 German color TV

Saba 1.jpg
Built entirely in Baden-Wurttemburg - Schwarzwald This is known as the Schauinsland T6735 color telecommander H
AND
thanks to a fellow collector of all things SABA, I have my first International TV. This previous owner found an ultrasonic remote control only by visiting the Fatherland on one of many trips mainly for recreation and factory tours.

It apparently was imported to the US and converted to NTSC and 120V 60hz and, though no labels or notation is visible anywhere as any USA set would have, seeing the "F" connector and 120 V non-polarized plug confirmed this.

Not surprisingly, it has a GTE-branded delta-gun CRT made in Belgium. I say that because in 1968, GTE owned 85% of SABA and by 1976, 100% selling to Thomsen in 1980. Now owned by "technicolor" , which I thought was a US trademark.

Built to be serviced like a Sony, to my eyes at least, but better and I have the service manual, in German of course. I spy quite a few fuses on a pcb mounted on the power transformer, not visible at far left.
Saba 2.jpg