Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

I hate when people send packages that require a signature.. If I'm not home, then I have to track the package down and then it turns into a BIG headache.. It's just best for them to leave it on the doorstep..

As for eBay.. I've been a member since 1999, when I turned 21, now I'm a month shy from 37.. Boy is time flying.. I must say I never had any bad experiences with eBay up until about 6 months ago, long story short, when I received my 1950 Emerson TV set that was shoved into two layers of box without no packing material, and common since would have told the seller that it would not even made it on the conveyor belt drops.. The UPS guy shows up, I open the door, the UPS guy sets the package on the ground, and just the sound of broken glass as he sets the package down, I knew by the way it sound that it was completely destroyed..They ended up refunding the full amount including the shipping, after I threatened Neg feedback... So I did get all my money back, but an old rare TV set completely destroyed..
Old 01-31-2015, 08:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

Last edited by andy; 11-20-2021 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

I refurbish and sell OEM car radios on eBay. I have had a couple buyers try to play games. I sell everything under a "Sold As-Is" bases. I do not offer returns or refunds of any sort. Even if the buyer doesn't ask for it, I insure all my packages to the value of what the auction was.

Doing these things have kept me from getting in trouble before. I had a buyer just a month ago try and jip me for a second radio free. I sold him a very rare Pontiac ETR push button tape radio for a very reasonable price, and I always use excessive packing, and the way I pack, I have never had a radio arrived damaged.

He contacts me a couple weeks later, telling me it arrived with a smashed face, and asked if I had any other radios like that one, further asking if I would "offer him a deal" on said radio. I told him no. I said with picture proof of the radio and shipping box, I was willing to give half his money back, or a full refund minus return shipping for the radio back (22 dollars!), he refused to send pictures, so I refused to give him any money back. He left me a Positive but negative feed back. I replied to the feedback and just left it alone.

The answer: Yes. I did have another radio identical to the one I sent him. In nearly mint condition. The one I sold, final value of 22 dollars, worked, but needed some minor work. Clearly stated in the auction. I just refused to see it go to a complete putz. I posted it later on eBay, and sold it for a much heftier sum to a complete gentlemen in PR.