Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:15 AM
VideoKarma Member

awful ebay experience

So I sell this guy a RCA KCS102 chassis and a KCS47 tuner on ebay. Buyer initially seemed happy, we exchanged several emails about his TVs and I even offered to include a VOT from a KCS47 for free.

Then he did not pay for the item for over two weeks. I sent him several messages during that time asking about payment. He did not respond. I finally told him if he would respond to me and ask to cancel the transaction by the end of Saturday I would, but if he didn't I would open an unpaid item case if he didn't contact me by Sunday. So I opened an unpaid item case on Sunday.

Then after I open the unpaid item case he emails me wanting to cancel the transaction. I looked to see if I could do that, but it looked to me like ebay did not allow it after I had already opened the unpaid item case. So I told him that.

Now he finally paid. But left me neg feedback, complaining about my shipping charges in the negative feeedback even after I combined the two items he bought from me to reduce them.

He also sent me this nice message:

Here is payment for this TV tuner and the TV chassis via Paypal. I am never going to buy anything from you again. So what is the difference? DOUCHE BAG

- horton_plumbing
…….

I clicked the "report this buyer" link next to the neg, and wrote in the report basically what I put above, but I kind of doubt ebay will remove the neg feedback. Either way this d-bag is going on my blocked bidder list.

Last edited by Adam; 01-27-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:33 AM
VideoKarma Member

I refuse to sell on eBay due to eBays lack of seller protection.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:18 AM
VideoKarma Member

I set all my auctions up as buy it now with immediate payment required so I don't have to deal with chasing people down for payment. I have had a lot of good luck buying and selling on eBay, but there are always a few jerks out there.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

curious, did his feed back indicate prompt payment? I aways pay right at the end of the auction if I win. I also make clear how I want shipped and if it will cost extra, that I will pay. No need to buy stuff just to get in broken do to poor packing. I don't ever want the seller to feel the need to skimp on packing due to poor communcation, nor do I want to have them end up losing money due to excessive cost to pack, so I like to make that clear up front and often offer to pay extra to make sure. sorry you had such a bad time.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Over the years we had a few customers that we asked NOT
to return. You couldnt make them happy. Even then some
tried to come back. Be happy he is gone, there are plenty
of good folks out there to deal with. The feedback is on
the shipping so no big deal. Bidders know what they will
pay & decide. Not fun to loose a perfect score but sooner or
later some anal orifice turn up.

73 Zeno
Audiokarma
Old 01-27-2015, 12:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Ha! I looked up horton_plumbing feedback left for others...the guy is a real class act! Love it.

Feedback Left for Left
Negative feedback rating Very expensive shipping charges BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seller: therockoman (Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49) During past month
-- --
Negative feedback rating WATCH OUT!! This seller makes$$$$off of packing and shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seller: therockoman (Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49) During past month
-- --
Negative feedback rating Very expensive shipping charges BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seller: therockoman (Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49) During past month
-- --
Negative feedback rating VERY RUDE SELLER!!!! LACK OF COMMUNICATION SKILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seller: tweb562012 (Blue star icon for feedback score in between 50 to 99) During past month
-- --
Negative feedback rating WATCH OUT!! This seller makes$$$$off of packing and shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seller: enannatum (Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past month
-- --
Negative feedback rating Very expensive shipping charges BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seller: enannatum (Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past month
-- --
Positive feedback rating Excellent Ebayer!! Highly Recommend!! Thanks Horton Plumbing Seller: thecourtship (Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49) During past month
-- --
Positive feedback rating Excellent Ebayer!! Highly Recommend!! Thanks Horton Plumbing Seller: thecourtship (Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49) During past month
-- --
Positive feedback rating Excellent Ebayer!! Highly Recommend!! Thanks Horton Plumbing Seller: zjhbassplayer (Purple star icon for feedback score in between 500 to 999) During past month
-- --
Positive feedback rating THEY SOUND SOOOOO AWESOME!! LET THE MUSIC PLAAY!! ROCK ON!!!! THANKS MAN!! Seller: speedkings88 (Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past month
-- --
Negative feedback rating FIRST CLASS MORON!! HE SELLS JUNK!! NO COMMUNICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seller: slappysvintage (Yellow shooting star icon for feedback score in between 10,000 to 24,999) During past month
Old 01-27-2015, 02:47 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnx64 View Post
I refuse to sell on eBay due to eBays lack of seller protection.
I noticed that eBay has changed the rating system so that individual scores are no longer anonymous. It's a step in the right direction anyway.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:14 PM
Not sure how I got here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWM View Post
curious, did his feed back indicate prompt payment? I aways pay right at the end of the auction if I win. I also make clear how I want shipped and if it will cost extra, that I will pay. No need to buy stuff just to get in broken do to poor packing. I don't ever want the seller to feel the need to skimp on packing due to poor communcation, nor do I want to have them end up losing money due to excessive cost to pack, so I like to make that clear up front and often offer to pay extra to make sure. sorry you had such a bad time.
I agree, If you are not sure a seller has a good idea about how delicate an item is
you can always express a method of packing and offer payment for any additional
expenses.... I believe it's fair, and also agree who wants to get something broken
when for maybe just $10. more, it arrives safe and sound....

I didn't know it was possible to have something shipped before payment
cleared on the sellers end...... Was this a mistake....?

You never know about people.... Me and the wife have a friend we go out to
dinner with once in a while.... He's a funny one, If some minor thing
isn't right, or he thinks he is in the slightest given a snub, he announces
"no tip for him/her" It bothers both of us how this guy can do that, and does
it quite often.... Otherwise he's almost normal... I think ebay makes some
people funny too..... My brother once sold a toy car, generic glue together
car, someone gave him neg. feedback complaining it was not a real car.....
They were Elvis Fans, and don't sell or buy anymore, I think they are in
a home now.... Strange....

They also had a feedback full of negatives from other people.....

Last edited by Username1; 01-27-2015 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

So he claims I overcharged him for shipping. I charged him $22.39. I went to ship it and it wound up costing me $28.28. $3.75 of that was an extra charge because I wanted to ship it where he had to sign for it (I didn't want him claiming it never showed up), but that still means I actually undercharged him by $2.14.

I sent ebay another report saying that I actually undercharged for shipping, and that I would produce the receipt from fedex to prove it. From what I've read online about this sort of thing, I'm not really expecting ebay to do anything. I just hope I'm done with dealing with this fool.

Last edited by Adam; 01-27-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:54 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
He also sent me this nice message:

Here is payment for this TV tuner and the TV chassis via Paypal. I am never going to buy anything from you again. So what is the difference? DOUCHE BAG

- horton_plumbing
What an ignorant fool!!!!

Im sorry this happend Adam and I hope this doesnt scare you away from Ebay...... The internet just shows HOW EVIL PEOPLE ARE!!
Audiokarma
Old 01-29-2015, 02:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

I had a buyer from Italy ask me to cancel transaction and I did. He immediatly left me negative feedback. It took a good bit of a morning and a few phone calls to EBAY (yes, you can talk to them and present a case) to have the feedback removed. Once you run into a jerk buyer, you can put him on your "blocked" list. It does bother me that EBAY will not allow sellers to post feedback. Also, be careful of EBAY's program to pack and handle export overseas!
Old 01-29-2015, 04:52 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith26kc20 View Post
Also, be careful of EBAY's program to pack and handle export overseas!
What's wrong with that? Without it, shipping for my Sencore PR57 would have cost about 2 1/2 times as much.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

I have had more than one buyer complain about poor packaging. I no longer ship international due to delays which the buyer holds against the seller when it is the shipping companies fault.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:02 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Another case of a few bad apples ruining it for the rest of us.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

So I shipped this signature required because the buyer was being so weird that I thought he might claim that he never got it. FedEx tried to deliver it 3 times and he wasn't there (I understand Thr and Fri at 2PM, but Sat at 10:30AM?) I think he's hiding from the delivery guy to cause me more problems. FedEx says they're going to try again next week.

So I called ebay and asked what to do if I get the box back, they said if I give him back what he paid for it (not including shipping) after I get it returned to me, there's nothing more he can do to cause me trouble. They also said they would look into changing the feedback.

At this point I really don't even care about the stuff or the money, I'd pay good money just not to have to deal with this guy anymore.
Audiokarma