Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-16-2023, 11:40 AM
real TVs have a CRT

1988 19" Goldstar CMT-9442 TV

I have had this TV for few years I got it from someone who moved into new a house were these seat was left with an RCA DTV box connected up too set. Before I powerd up the set I looked in side and saw circuit board glue that had gone bad and was holding down manly caps so I removed the caps and cleaned all the glue off the board and put new caps as the old ones were damaged by the glue. After thati turned on the stet and it worked fine with very good picture. The CRT is kinda weak as the britness and contrast are turned up to near max but that being said it gives a very bright, sharp, colorful picture, and almost near perfect convergence. Way better then peace of junk 90s Zenith I was using. The set is stereo and rf only so I can't make use of the stereo sound but on a set that small you would porbly not even tell the difference unless you plugged in headphones. The set also has bass treble, bass, and balance control. These seat also has an on screen display for the clock, channel number, and nothing else to my knowledge. I will put better pictures once I get my good camera out and I am trying to find an original remote for the set but having no luck finding one as I don't know what one goes to these set.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20230216_114338_042.jpg (40.0 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20230216_114345_422.jpg (46.0 KB, 48 views)
Old 02-17-2023, 10:06 AM
VideoKarma Member

I was an ASC for LGS back in those years. Those TVs were fairly decent, and the tubes were generally pretty good.

That picture looks quite good to be a weak tube - your G2 or other adjustments may be incorrect.

John
Old 04-26-2024, 07:02 AM
real TVs have a CRT

I took the back off of the set and adjusted the screen and focus control. The TV really needed those adjustments.

Something I have noticed is when you first turn the set on the brightness is pretty high but after it's been on for few minutes the brightness goes down and stays at an acceptable level.
Old 04-26-2024, 09:04 AM
VideoKarma Member

Agree, that jug looks good, no streaking etc.
Brite problem probably the 200 V filter cap.. Common to
all brands to fail.
For remote see if Samsung still has owners manual on line & get
a part ## there. No Sams listed for this one.

Zeno
Old 04-28-2024, 12:32 AM
real TVs have a CRT

Yea your probably right that 200v cap going bad and I will check the cap after I get done fixing my JCPenney VCR that has a chroma problem.
Audiokarma