Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-09-2003, 03:53 PM
heathkit tv

TWO 21AXP22 tubes on eBay

Thought this may float yer boats (if y'all haven't already found them)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3638

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3638

Anthony

EDITED:

This was posted on the antiqueradios.com site by Jason Neill. Hope it's helpfull to someone.

21AXP22 round METAL tube. cannot be used to sub any other round color tube. requires external safety window.

21CYP22 round glass tube. can be used as a direct sub for 21AXP22, and by adding a resistor between anode buttons, for 21FBP22. requires external safety window.

21FBP22 can be used as a direct sub for 21AX, 21CY. requires external safety window.

21FJP22 has bonded safety window, and can be used in any set with a 21" round tube. DOES NOT require external implosion protection.

hope this helps, guys.
Regards,
Jason

Last edited by heathkit tv; 12-09-2003 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Anthony
Looks like the same bidder is going for both these rare tubes. Also thanks for posting the roundie tube substitution guide. What tube subs for what gets asked a lot. I have a 21CY replacing the original 21AXp22a in my CTC-5.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

Also I think that the 21FBP22 many times includes a form-fitting safety glass that is attached to the tube but is not bonded with resin like the 21FJP22. I've got 2 sets using 21FPB22 and they do not use a rectangular tempered safety glass plate that remains in the set like in the 50's sets. One is a replacement that I did but the other is a Zenith w/Zenith brand crt so I know that's how it originally was.