Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2014, 10:29 PM
Vintage Junkie

Talking [Salvaged] 1978 Electrohome Electrocolor 13 inch TV

Hello, fellow TV lovers

Well, I happened to get lucky last weekend. After not having a very successful month of June, "blasted yard sales!" I went down to one of my local used electronic drop off depots, I didn't think I would have any luck this time, but I was in for a surprise! After rummaging through the plastic crap I found this very nice 13" 1978 Electrohome Electrocolor TV set. Unfortunately some moron had cut the power cord off! why do people do this?... anyway luckily I had a spare 70's 13" B/W Panasonic at home so I ended using that cord, I wanted to keep it as original as possible. I had to take the cover off to solder on the cord and decided to plug it in and it came back from the dead The CRT was made by Hitachi and the Speaker by JVC. The picture I included that shows it working doesn't do it justice it looks a lot better than that There's a couple of things I would like to find out now, for instance in-between the Pull Knob and Auto Push button there is a light labelled "EE"??? when I open the side cover it lights up green. Also at the bottom there is a earplug jack and one that has a picture of what looks like a cassette tape? thanks for any help on that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1978 Electrohome Electrocolor [Inside View 2].jpg (108.3 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg CRT Made by Hitachi.jpg (90.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Eletrohome Information.jpg (106.0 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 1978 Electrohome Electrocolor [FRONT].jpg (60.6 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg Earplug and Tape thing.jpg (78.4 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Working.jpg (97.1 KB, 75 views)