Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:58 PM
Eternal Member

Re: "The color palette may have been slightly altered in the scanning and posting process"

OK, I had assumed the color errors were from image fading and you had to use excessive color correction to recover the color.

If you see the Kodachrome greens blending into the copy blues, then there is one thing that may help this.

The Green layer in the older Kodachrome is rather transparent to ultra violet light and since human eyes cannot see it, this causes no problem in projection, or viewing. However, with most color camera films, ultra violet light exposes the blue layer. Some digital cameras do the same. I'd suggest that you try a Wratten 2B filter over your light source, which usually reduces the green portions of the image shifting towards blue in the copy. (A skylight filter won't work. It is not sharp cutting enough.)

Re: "bare tile floor"

In 1954 in the rural south, the po' folks had wooden floors, the slightly better off had linoleum floors, and the middle class had 9 inch asbestos floor tiles in the kitchen, only. Carpet was only for the rich folks!

Re: Viewing method

As soon as I spotted the image, and before I read your post, I opened the images and quickly crossed my eyes and spent about 30 seconds trying to figure what the difference was between the two pair. I finally realized what you had done, when I noticed the reflection off the curved TV screen was in front of the TV on the bottom picture, when it should have been inside! My brain had automatically fixed the reversed images everywhere else and I had not noticed it. However, I think I'll make two resized prints and mount them on a card for my Keystone Stereo Viewer because I like the shot!