Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

here is the Ultimate BoomBox with me , and one of my truck's
and one of my old motorcycle's in the background
this is the JVC RC 550 Mono BoomBox 15 watt's of sound rms with eight batteries
Old 02-05-2009, 08:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdi View Post
you make it sound like a cd player ruins a boombox - wow.

So the ultimate boombox has a turntable built in - right ?

My mom had a boombox with a built in turntable - sounded okay - I wish she still had it I would talk her out of it.

My cfd 5 sounds great and it has a cd player.

My cfd 5 will be a collectors item if i ever get the last belt for the cassette deck - I just need to order the belt.

It works okay with the old belt but gets stuck once in great while.
I just have to assist it a little with a finger to one of the flywheels.

Sony cfd 5 = first boombox ever with a cd player = collectors item.
not to mention its unusual speakers.

If robocop carried a boombox it would be a cfd 5 - ha ha.

So you are saying the bose does not have the volume or output compared to a powerfull boombox ?

Seems like the bose would have a lot more engineering put into its speaker system than 95 percent of all boomboxes ever made.

The bose has the acoustic waveguide and all the dsp to go along with it.

I would not know as I do not own one of the big bose units like yours but I do own a bose sound dock portable.
It sounds amazing for its size.

Millions and millions of people listen to ipods in various way's every day so they can not sound that bad.

yes a cd player does NOT go well in a boombox as a cd is like a record as it needs tracking and it can skip if bumped and or if it's dirty or scratched-up

unlike a cassette which cannot skip - yes there is the wow & flutter issue and if you have to shake one a heck of a LOT more than a cd to make is sound bad momentarily BUT it wont lose its place ....

only drawback to a cassette is finding songs on it is slower but then i listen all the way through - so no issue ...

boombox with a turntable built-in same issue as above nice idea but dont try to carry one while playing a record ...

only place a cd will sound good is in a STATIONARY home deck no possible of it being moved or skipping and therefore loss of tracking or sound , yadda yadda yadda

So you are saying the bose does not have the volume or output compared to a powerfull boombox ?

No I am saying that the Stereo sound coming from one of these sounds terrific up close and personal and can get very loud but the stereo seperation can get muddied if one tries to listen to a BOSE at a distance ,,,

of say more that about 10 feet or so where as a boombox really shines here with the seperation of left and right music still as a portable is just that portable like to be able to be carried outside and played out there without a line cord.

THIS is the REAL test of a True Boombox, anybody can plug into the wall outlet to get power but then its BECOMES a home based unit and well i thinks u could get this picture

unlike a True Boombox where the speakers are straight out there in front foward firing an such

Millions and millions of people listen to ipods in various way's every day so they can not sound that bad

yes they all have their ears plugged up and and cannot hear you and or lost in whatever they are listening to therefore they forget what they are doing because of lost in whatever and or dont repsond in a normal human being way - unplugged that is

I know about this phenomenon I see it every day in my workplace ...

I say if you are going to listen to music then lets hear it!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:21 PM
markdi

so many people listen to that crap called rap that I am glad most people listen to ipods with headphones,

Have you noticed - no bose bashers have apeared in this thread yet.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:23 AM
VideoKarma Member

no bose bashers have apeared in this thread yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdi View Post
so many people listen to that crap called rap that I am glad most people listen to ipods with headphones,

Have you noticed - no bose bashers have apeared in this thread yet.
I dont Believe that many People know that Bose made a Boombox that can be Carried around working on Battery Power.

here is 4 pictures below somewhere of the case and topview of this Bose AW1 of mine
as of this year 25 Jan 09 Bose Boombox Radio-Casette w-Power-Case yogadirect 140297059471
Old 04-24-2009, 11:04 AM
Underfunded Tinkerer

Here's most of my collection. There's a few missing, I've got 2 more PC-8's, and the Sanyo C-7 is in the garage. I've also got two Sony FH-7 Mk. II's (1 silver, 1 black).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0098.jpg (87.4 KB, 15 views)

"Oh, a Menscher amplifier, A Rufus turntable and Palmer 2X speakers..." --Jerry Helper
Audiokarma
Old 04-24-2009, 03:01 PM
markdi

That is a lot of boom.