Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2023, 08:21 AM
VideoKarma Member

Welcome, Gustavo!
Very good collection!
Great to know more fellows sharing our old electronic's hobby!

The AM radio question... too bad, in some countries, the AM stations are converting to FM, DAB, streaming or simply vanishing, like one in the city where I was born (I just read about; due to subject coincidence, I'm mentioning this) https://diariodamanhapelotas.com.br/...soes-no-620ma/ (only in Portuguese...)
Too bad, is a historically important station, and very old (for Brazilian radio timeline).

Ah, the Uruguay! Some time ago, I visited Punta del Diablo (Via Chuy/Chuí). Also I visited the Merín lake (the Uruguayan side) near Rio Branco/Jaguarão. Until my ~20 years age, I lived in the city in the aforementioned news (not soooo distant from Uruguay), and my spouse lived until her ~14 years of age in San Isidro, close to Buenos Aires, Argentina, before she moved to Paraguay.

When I lived in Pelotas, I received some AM stations from Uruguay (and Argentina), and FM stations before storms.. one day, I even received TV stations! For some reason, VHF propagates very good when cold fronts are approaching, at least in this region... (but only when storms are coming very strong).