Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2012, 10:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

Blond Olympic

I've left a brief explanation of my absence from this site for the past several months over in the "Early Black and White Television" section. In brief we've been moving and trying to get settled into our new home here in Harpers Ferry, WV. It's quite a change from the hustle and bustle of the NY metro area. But for me it's a very welcome change that takes me back to my rural roots and a slower more gentle way of life.

Just before my move Harry Poster posted a note here about a fellow in Brooklyn trying to sell an Olympic Color roundie. I contacted the fellow, but he thought it was quite valueable and wanted a lot of money for it. I think he would have scared most interested parties away with his asking price. I decided I wanted the set before I moved and he and I haggled, wheeled and dealed, offered, counteroffered, and finally came to an agreement at the 11th hour, just a few weeks before my scheduled move. He turned out to be a very nice guy, but had been poorly advised by an "expert" who gave him bad advice about the value of the set.

I purchased it from him for $75. The cabinet is in pretty good shape. It's an Olympic Model KL115 set which I believe is a CTC 11 clone. The dark area on the crt is dirt. I don't recall if the crt is original or a replacement, but I do remember it tests great with plenty of life. It certainly is a unique looking piece, and I guess that's what appealed most to me about it. Here are a few different views of it.

I'm very anxious to get started with one of these projects, but we're still digging our way out of the boxes and mess. Hope it doesn't take too long though, I'm really itching to dig in.......Bob